Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wine Pairs Well with Everything!

When I was a child, I would cringe when I saw my grandfather put ketchup on his eggs.  I am not sure if it was due to my bias that ketchup only belonged on cheeseburgers and french fries or my dislike of eggs.  Although I will never try my grandfather's combination, I've learned to appreciate that maybe it is similar to an omelette that features tomatoes.  In my house, ketchup is a staple.  My son likes it on almost everything.  When I commented that to him, he replied that ketchup is to him as wine is to me...I like it with everything.  As much as I hate to admit it, he is right.



Champagne with brunch, something crisp and white in the evening with my fruit salad, and a little Tawny Port as my dessert; wine is so versatile.  We enjoy it with many of our activities such as paint parties, wine and cheese receptions, and book club meetings.  Wine has become a staple at Ladies' Nights and just the simple excuse needed to have a party.  Wine is a great connector.  I have met so many people over wine and many have become my friends.  We've laughed, cried, traveled, and solved problems.  It is a great conversation starter as well as a favorite night cap. In wine bars, I've never seen a bar fight.  It is the beverage of the peacemakers and the elixir of the "cool". Some of us in the industry get caught up in wine pairings but the smartest among us know that wine is best paired with friends.

In honor of summer, enjoy a glass with me today.  Cheers!!!

Like us on Facebook at The Vine Wine Club
Follow us on Twitter @thevinewineclub

We are now on Periscope and Hang w/ @thevinewineclub





No comments:

Post a Comment